What Are The Most Popular Cakes Of All Time?
Here’s a hint, it’s not wedding cakes or anniversary cakes or even birthday cakes…it’s desert cakes!
We will make:
Chiffon cake with Citrus Glaze
Chocolate Mud Cake with infused Ganache
Carrot cake with Cream cheese frosting
In This Baking Class You Will Learn:
You take home 3 fully decorated cakes that you made from scratch, fully decorated and about 10 servings each.
- 2 days of 100% hands on training
- 3 different styles of cakes – sponge, butter based and flourless. 90% of cakes use the second technique.
- How to decorate and make boutique style cakes
- Fillings: fruit & cream
- Icings & frostings
- Toppings: puree fruit toppings
- Learn torting, filling and drizzling
“When you learn the basics of how to make desert cakes, you also learn the foundation of baking. Once you know how to bake these 3 different styles of cake, you will be able to bake almost any cake with ease.”
You will learn the 3 methods of baking that you will use over and over
- Each cake has a specific and exact mixing technique for perfect and consistent results every time!
- Learn the major mistake new bakers make with chiffon cakes
- How to tell the success of your baking just by looking at the batter
- How to bake specifically for Alberta’s climate (barometric pressure, dry)
- Learn production management (stay on track baking more than one cake at a time)
- Everything you need to know about baking desert cakes
- Interpretation and understanding of recipes
- Testing and modification of techniques
“Lesi will share a 100-year-old family recipe that was passed down from her great grandmother.”